12 September 2007

Long's Peak and Labor Day

Well, we went camping over the Labor Day weekend up in Estes Park just outside the Rocky Mountain National Park. We drove through on the way to Grand Lake and watched the Elk graze and foriegn tourists turn white due to oxygen deprivation...
On Sunday, i got up and hiked up Long's Peak as high as 13500 ft. I stopped along one of the lakes and got a good set of pics out of it. I did the hike not as a recreational jaunt, but a full on cardio experience...Being the air-breather that I am,I struggled to keep my pace the higher I went...anyway, I enjoyed myself as it was a beutiful day...Here are some pics...





Then Kyle & I went hiking in Castlewood Canyon this past Sunday...Check out the Doo on Kyle! It is almost Afroliscious...He is an excellent hiker though and we pulled off 5 miles and 980 vert gained in less than 75 minutes...anyway, here they are:


Anyway, we had a good time and hope to get out on Snowshoes this winter with Kyle...He likes to hit the trails with me...
Until the next time...Bike The Planet!!!


1 comment:

SkowVegas said...

HOLY COW, His hair is long. Nice pics. Looks like fun!!!!