12 June 2006

Killer Birds

Straight out of a Hitchcock Tale, I was on my way home from work today, riding into the never ending headwind that consumes my evening commute, when I was attacked by a Blackbird. Literally attacked. I kept feeling something hitting me in the back & then the helmet & finally turned in time to get dinged on the side of the head. I stopped, and the bird flew across the road onto a post. I started to ride again & the bird flew into my helmet again. We did this over & over for about 15 minutes. He chirped at me & kept hitting my jacket, which was tucked into my back pocket, or my neck or my head. Every time I stopped, he perched onto the nearest post, and then finally an owl or hawk flew lower from up over head and the Blackbird thought better of hanging out in the open any longer. Talk about surreal.. Freaked me out.
Anyway, I still had 10 miles to go & the wind was not letting up, but at least my mind was on something other than the wind for a little while...

Still freaking me out though!!

No comments: